PSC has developed the BIG BORE XD-JL Adventure Steering Kits to be the ultimate steering upgrade package for Jeep JLs equipped with locking differentials, aftermarket axles, and up to 35" tire sizes.
All kits include our top of the line components including the BIG BORE XD Steering Gearbox, High-Performance Power Steering Pump Kit with Remote Reservoir, Master Hose Kit, Fluid Cooler, and SWEPCO 715 Power Steering Fluid.
This kit is the perfect solution for the daily driver JL that also likes to play off-the-road.
Every PSC BIG BORE XD Adventure and Cylinder Assist Steering Kit is complete with everything needed for a successful installation.
2020-Current Jeep JL 2 Door or 4 Door with 2.0L Non-eTorque
- Eliminates excessive on-center steering wheel "play"
- Eliminates electro-hydraulic pump overheating
- Increased Torque Output turns up to 35" tire sizes without cylinder assist
- Improved turning capability when locking differentials are engaged
- Big Bore XD-JL Steering Gear Box with Cylinder Assist Ports
- High Flow Conventional PS Pump Conversion Kit
- Jeep JL Reservoir Kit with Fluid Anti-Splash Valve for Remote Reservoir
- Master Hose Assembly Kit
- Fluid Cooler Kit
- SWEPCO 715 Power Steering Fluid
The larger size of the BIG BORE XD-JL Steering Gearbox may prohibit the use of some aftermarket track bars.
A Tazer JL Programmer (Tazer JL & Tazer JL MINI) will need to be purchased to override the OEM electro-hydraulic pump functions when installing the PSC High Flow Mechanical Pump Conversion Kit
Positive caster increases align torque, aka the force that straightens the steering wheel when you go forward, which improves straight line stability of the car. Due to the geometry of positive caster this will also increase negative camber gain when turning, which will enable a wider tire contact patch. The caster angle is a major contributor to directional control. An insufficient amount of positive caster angle will decrease driver effort at the steering wheel, but may make the vehicle too sensitive and twitchy, especially as speed increases. To achieve the best on-the-road driving experience, recommended front axle caster setting is 7 degrees positive.