ARB AirLocker Chrysler 8.25 - 29 Spline
ARB Air Locker’s patented design has proved extremely reliable, even under the most arduous conditions. The Air Locker’s strength comes via structural components manufactured from aerospace grades of high alloy steels. ARB engineers increase the number of differential pinion gears, where possible, to distribute torque loads evenly, thus adding to the overall strength of the differential. Many recent Air Locker designs utilize timed gear sets, which further improve strength. This latest introduction to our design and manufacturing process has led to the acquisition of a second US patent on the product.
The design process of an Air Locker involves countless hours of testing. Computerized Finite Element Analysis (FEA) allows the designer to subject each Air Locker design to 'virtual' off road driving stress simulations much more extreme than those experienced in real life.
Destructive laboratory testing is carried out on prototypes to ensure the strength of the Air Locker exceeds that of the axles or other driveline components. Environmental test cells subject prototype models to high temperature running conditions (120°C), low temperature running conditions (-24°C), and harsh wheelspin engagement, for cycle durations of more than 20,000 actuations. Finally, field-testing is carried out with units being fitted to test 4WDs - from Jeep Wranglers to Toyota LandCruisers - operating in the harshest environments imaginable.
Once this exhaustive design phase is complete, Air Lockers are manufactured in Australia by ARB, and sold throughout the world.
• Provides 100% traction on demand without affecting on road drivability or driveline wear
• Vastly improved traction means less reliance on momentum, thus reducing the likelihood of vehicle damage and environmental impact
• Easy, convenient operation allows the user to concentrate on the terrain without leaving the comfort and safety of the driver's seat
• Ultra durable and extremely strong - only the highest quality materials used in construction
• Incredibly simple yet effective design that employs minimal moving parts, thereby ensuring maximum reliability
• Thoroughly tested and proven design; trusted and used in over 80 countries around the world
• Front and rear Air Lockers available for most makes and models
• 2WD applications available
• Easy installation and maintenance; no special tools, skills or additives required
• Air compressor also provides convenient, reliable source of air for inflating tires, camping and leisure equipment
• Two year warranty guarantees the Air Locker will be free of defects in materials